Sunday, September 9, 2012

Obedience, Art, and Cafe Soul


so glad I listened to the Holy Spirit
God TOLD ME I needed to pray for someone tonight.....
He said I HAD TO BE at Cafe Soul to pray for someone. Cafe SOUL is Christian based art/music/poetry/love spot in RI. Ever since I met their C.E.O, Contessa and her mother, they have been like family to me. And CS has been home.
Well I hadn't been home for a while. but tonight was the night.
He also told me I had to sing one of the songs I wrote, because someone needed to be ministered to.
I thought it was crazy…but I went with it.
I am so glad I did. I love the beautiful people God allows me to cross paths with.
I met the person I had to pray for…talk about DIVINE intervention! It was a young man who had visited my church about 4 years ago. I don't remember him at all, but he was so shocked at the fact that I was a member there. He started being so open and honest with me about things he doesn't usually talk about (people do that a lot, friends and strangers...I know that's God). He will surely be on my prayer list. I hope we stay in touch. I know I'm mean to intercede for Him.
and I know that song ministered to someone. I didn’t even rehearse it! I just prayed and prayed and prayed in the spirit on the whole drive there. Prayed someone would be fed. Prayed God would lead, that He would move. and I tell you, I never sang like that before. I felt God using me, I felt His Spirit flowing through me to speak to someone. He responded to my requests...He really did. 
The atmosphere was beautiful.
and He answered one of my prayers! I was asking Him about something regarding gifts, and boom, He uses my sis in Christ (who is the CEO of Cafe Soul) in one of her writings to respond to me.
nights like this, I’m reminded what I’m made for, and who I am made by.  It wasn’t a big,flamboyant show with a huge crowd. It was small, modest, intimate…but mostly it was ordained by God.
MARVELOUS! He’s marvelous. I love Him. I am in awe of His wonder, His perfect timing, His divine orchestration, His unfailing love, His beautiful presence.

God has so many phenomenal things for us if we just let go of ourselves and let Him lead.

love, compassion, royalty

P.S. please check out this post ....

once you read that post, you can click on that yellow donate button on the right of the page!
support, pray, donate, suggest...anything helps! 

less than one month to south africa! 


No comments:

Post a Comment