Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"Remember Me" backstory

So I had a friend I was extremely close to. I mean ridiculously close. Every one thought we would get together, secretly were together, or would marry. His family was my family. His success was mine. His hurt was mine. His failure was mine. His hopes were mine. We called each other soulmates.  At at one point, I  thought I might have been in love with him...I realized that wasn't true. And after that, I left all romantic feelings but I loved him passionately. He was my best friend. People didn't understand us, it was something unseen before. I would literally do absolutely anything for him.

He had a lot of issues. A lot of insecurities. A lot of issues with God. But I was totally committed to loving him through that. In a way, I represented God for him. He knew how much I loved God, and how hard He was trying to run from Him.

 When I wanted to grow in Christ, I let a lot of things and a lot of people go. "Anything for You, Lord", I said. But he was my one condition. The one I would never let go, could never let go. So guess what?
He was the one thing I had to let go.

He was the hardest person to let go of. I could deal without the parties, the people, the clothes....but him?

But I did it. And I grew leaps and bounds in Christ, and I still missed him. But life went on. I never once regret sacrificing for Christ. Our intimacy was irreplaceable.

Then I was reminded of a moment during our friendship, randomly. And it hit me. I gave up one of the people I love the most for the God that I love more than this world...how did I get to the point where being productive was more important than our personal time? The God I gave up everything for, is the same God I had abandoned. So "Remember Me" poured out of my heart and dripped through my fingers. I didn't backslide, I didn't neglect God completely, but I just wasn't living hungrily enough. IN Christ, anything less than our absolute all simply isn't enough. I was reading, but not enough. I was praying, but not fervently enough. I need to give more.  This was my reality check, my apology, my love letter. Jesus, remember me...I am sorry for forgetting you.


Never forget who Christ is in you. Never forget your testimony, the price of the Blood, or the Love He's poured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment