Thursday, October 17, 2013

"Nothing"...A Prayer/Freewrite

HELLO LOVES
I was in prayer at bible study, and prayed utter submission. I told God I wanted Him to utterly take over me, and do exactly what He wanted with me, in me, and through. I then envisioned what it would be like to be completely malleable to God.  I saw myself as this shapeless matter, then as this formless mound of clay. And this is what came out during prayer, and it is the sincerest desire and declaration of my heart.

Nothing (Clay)

A freewrite

10/16/13

I am formless except for Your hand
I am shapeless except for Your fingers
I am empty mass except for Your spirit
I float lest You anchor me
Here, am I, am clay
Am shapeless, formless matter
am indistinguishable and indiscernible
except for Your breath
and warmth of Your palms
I drown lest You lift me
I decay lest You preserve me
I am colorless
but just the right shade of transparent
for Light to shine through
I am flavorless
vague and in distinctive
Contemplating how nothing can chemically cook into sodium chloride
I am scratch
I am start
with me and end in You
begin with nothing
and end in Everything
complete: I am the antonym and You are the answer
I am anonymous lest You name me
An archaeological dig of sorts
An expedition only begetting dirt
Undiscovered lest You excavate
and give meaning to my dust
An Adam Atom
I am both dead air and dead weight
Both Weightless and heavy
Both sinking and rising
Most nothing
Lest You undo and redo me
Mold and renew me
Make me
Something
Here, am I, am clay
I hear You are Master Creator
Cultivating beauty out of vastness
Thou despisest pride
And there is nothing more humble than a clean slate
Except an empty one
I
Am shapeless, formless matter
am indistinguishable and indiscernible
except for Your breath
and warmth of Your palms
I am zero
You are infinity
and becoming Yours is the catalyst of my existence
I become, in You
I am insignificant matter
an insignificant matter
until I mattered to You
I am the darkness on the face of the deep
and you are are the whisper
hear
When I say I give you absolutely nothing
here
I am laying all I am at your feet
I am nothing, now
But I will be evidence
of He who makes something
out of Nothing
Here, am I, am clay





love, compassion, royalty
Queen

6 comments:

  1. Wow, your words are beautiful. I love where your heart was in this poem, and I could truly visualize what you were saying & feel the meaning in every part. I've always loved the analogy of being malleable clay in the potter's hands, and this piece you wrote brings that analogy to life in the best way. Continue to allow God's spirit to lead you, this is great work! -Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and respond, Amber...Glory be to God!

      At the end of the day, my greatest accomplishment will be being utterly submitted and available and mold-able for Christ.

      Delete
  2. I am colorless
    but just the right shade of transparent

    my favorite part...beautiful poem.
    Very inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful piece my friend! Glory be to God. What a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ALL for taking the time to read and respond. I truly appreciate it...glory be to God in the Highest. I declare that over all of our lives...that we find joy in being utterly submitted to the Spirit of God. Every ounce of our being.

    ReplyDelete