Monday, June 11, 2012

Facebook posts while in Nicaragua

I was in Nicaragua for 3 weeks on a service trip...definitely a landmark spiritually and naturally...here are some posts while I was there



1/11/12
If I wrote a praise the length of the equator it still would not equate to the honor God deserves. 
I couldn't compose a melody to match the wonder of Your name. 
If the vastness of the universe is a measurement of greatness, then the galaxies do pale in comparison to You. Thank You Lord for who You are. 
Thank You Lord for all you do.


1/10/12
I love being here and I love what I do!! Everyday that I get to work and make a difference is an amazing day. I am so thankful for the opportunity God has placed in my lap and the mind He has given me to pursue it. Let me tell ya'll favor aint fair, but it sure is mine! In the past two days I've had two different offers to do over seas service work at some point in the next 12 months because of the way I have interacted and worked thus far. People are giving me all these compliments but little do they know, it's not about me or my ability at all- It's all God! He guides and creates and directs, I'm simply the tool He's using to do so! The illumination they see in me is the LIGHT of Jesus Christ!



Photo: <3 my absolute favorite part about nicaragua....helping people! 

 1/8/12
In love with life right now because:
-Saw the cutest monkey walking down the street 
-Met the most adorable baby..she fell in love with me, and her name just happened to be GABY!
-Had the best banana split EVER (fig, coconut, and mint fruit ice cream...& not only could you never get that in the states, but it tastes WAY better than it sounds)
-The sweetest two year old boy kept smiling at me and blowing besitos *heart melts*
-Saw the most gorgeous scenery where the blue and orange sky meet the sea at dusk
-FULL MOON!!

The best part? I'm in love with the Maker of it ALL
♥ *le sigh* Good times
 

1/6/12
Every time I leave home
Whenever I leave the country
I find an abundance of blessings that surround me and become apparent in many different ways
One being that in the face of lack my gratitude increases exponentially
In the absence of my loved ones
My appreciation for them intensifies immensely
In sacrifice, my love for the Savior of my soul is purified and re-birthed
& I remember that I have the face of favor

Photo: :)

1/4/12

Everybody shouting and posting and exclaiming the life they're living and the content of their character....have fun with that. I'll be busy living it. The best way to prove that I'm an unquestionably inexchangeable individual with a simply spectacular valor is to actualize my greatness...not describe it. You can read what I write, or watch what I live. I'll make sure they say the same thing, believe that #yatusabes

1/4/12
  YAY:
SO EXCITED we got to work at la biblioteca movil...cleaning and repairing books for los ninos!!

NAY:
Laying in the sun on a rock near the beach today (cause I have no problems getting dark chocolate) I hear some natives (who no doubt assume I'm a non-spanish speaking tourist) say:

"Ay, mirar la morena en el SOL! Que? Curtido? Ay, Pobrecita"
or something very similar to that effect...which basically means
"oh look at the brown/dark girl in the SUN! what? like she's tanning? Oh poor thing!"

WAIT so ya'll thought I didn't understand you? Ah, can't even escape racism a thousand miles away, smh. Pero, me gusta mi chocolate! so #BAM!
 
Photo: FELIZ ANO NUEVO
de Nicaragua 2012

no tengo ropas, pero tengo bendiciones abundantes! Gracias Senor!

No comments:

Post a Comment