Monday, June 11, 2012

Here is my heart (I AM SORRY JESUS)

Jesus. I'm sorry for ever loving you more with my mouth than with my heart.

I'm sorry for ever accepting the reality of my circumstance over the dominating and absolute truth of your perfect Word.

I am sorry for every time you've promised me something and I began to fret instead of rest, invited doubt instead of dwelling in peace, or became anxious instead of confident.

Jesus, I am sorry for being complacent when you are ever pining after me.

I am sorry for any time I have ever given you my heart on Sunday worship only to let distractions borrow it for the week.

I am sorry if I ever treated you as an after thought or a last minute obligation instead of the first-place love.

I'm sorry if my faith dwindled as if to ignore the true AWESOMENESS of who YOU are.

I'm sorry if I ever thought my words, tweets, or posts were enough or adequate replacement for intimacy with you.

I am sorry for choosing self gratification over consecration.

I am sorry for ever putting and self in the righteousness YOUR BLOOD paid for me.

Jesus, I am sorry for telling you I give you everything but in my heart meaning everything on my terms.

Jesus, I am sorry for falling short when you have given me the power to over come the world.

I am sorry because I know this will not be my last "I'm sorry".

I'm sorry for ever hurting you or living as anything less the woman you have created me to be.

I'm sorry for allowing your light to be dim.

I'm sorry for ever taking away the glory you deserve.

I'm sorry for speaking when I should be quiet, and being quiet when I should be led by your spirit.

I'm sorry for victimizing myself when you have declared me MORE than a conqueror.

Daddy, I am yours, forever. You are mine, forever. I am your bride. I will be everything you have called me to be because I love you. If I cannot love you with everything that I have, fully, submissively, sacrificially, and completely, I have no business being called a child of the Most High God.

I turn from my wicked ways, and I humble myself before you, my King.

No comments:

Post a Comment