Friday, June 8, 2012

GREY and other thoughts


Past thoughts and such

Grey
I've never really been a fan of grey. Fashionably, who doesn't love a good neutral? But when it applies to my life, I can never be comfortable with the representation of fuzzy, vague, imprecise ambiguity. Give me black or white. Yes or no. Embrace or neglect. Acceptance or denial. But grey? The realm of amorphous emotions, inexact definitions? that's torture. I don't like to guess. I like to know. Please...never grey. I'd take a painful truth before sugar coated indecision.

Good Enough

I've been through someone who thought I was good enough to love, but not good enough to be with; been through Someone who thought I was good enough to touch, but not good enough to love...All I want is someone who knows, without a doubt, that as I am, I am already more than enough.

I Love My Brothers

i love my brothers! sisters, we need to love our brothers. the world is tough on our brothers. our men are like no other. let's honor our brothers. let's encourage our brothers. cuz if we build up the brothers, we're planting seeds of fathers, of workers, of lovers. we're investing in our mothers. so, i love my brothers. yes, i love the brothers.


Future Husband Note #34.1

one day i shall call you babe, and you shall call me some creative nickname that is simultaneously non-nauseating and impressively cute. and it will be you and me, kid. you, me, and God.

Hindsight

the truth is going to beat you in hindsight because you ignored her every time she tried to speak to you as a precaution #takeheed

Frog Kisses

No quiero besar más ranas. Señor, por favor, solo enviar a mi príncipe.
I do not want to kiss more frogs. Lord, please, just send my prince.

nailpolish

on the phone with my big sister Vera, as usual, and I ask her why my niece just told me she had black nails.
me: vera, why is michal’s 3 year old behind wearing black nailpolish?
vera: well, i tried to convince her to pick a different, less severe color like pink or something, but she said “but mommyblack is beautiful”. at that point i couldn’t argue with that…

ahhh i love my lil michal, she’s phenomenal!

Mystery Revealed

The mystery of life and its purpose in us, the mystery of the great force of God, is revealed in the Revelation of Jesus Christ

Dear Future Pursuers #1

Don't expect to get by on minimal effort. I already have a Heavenly Father who gave everything for me.


Dear Future Pursuer 2.3

if JESUS is not your everything, then I will presumably be nothing to you.
… if the WORD is not in YOUR heart, you shall NOT be in mine.
if MARRIAGE isn’t in your future, neither am I.

Pictures & potential 

i don't want to see pictures of my past. i want to see the potential of my future

letters

how bout I write you a letter, and you tell me bout your dreams?
trade you ink for aspirations
and place stamps on the makings
of good memories and soft smiles
I bet emotions haven’t felt handwritten in a while
the mail box can be our time machine
and we can discover buried hope worth finding
so
how bout I write you a letter, love
and you tell me bout your dreams?


love, compassion, royalty

No comments:

Post a Comment