Friday, June 8, 2012

love as one

lyrics i wrote for a project peace song (lyrics aren't gonna be used so i thought i would share anyway...written in 2008)



The sun arose on the horizon

And so did my sight



the air was thick with tears

And cries filled up my ears

as I watched the dark of today 

paint up the skies



and swirls of red 

bright as all the blood shed

and the grays, and the blues

showing the lost and confused



and raindrops for every tear

and every child locked in their fears

for every mouth going un-fed

for every word left un-said



and I could cry

who painted this vision of our demise?

Then I heard a still peace

quiet that spoke to me

Released the sword from the sheath

My heart told me to believe

Love is the only cure 

to this disease

love, compassion, royalty

Qu3eN G

No comments:

Post a Comment